This policy is essentially a rulebook that sets out the way in which people should act and behave when they're using our website. You can think of it like a Code Of Conduct!
As a visitor to our website, it is up to you to follow these rules and not up to us (Global Action Plan) to enforce them.
Who owns this website?
From time to time, we might change or update these rules, so it's a good idea to check back here regularly to ensure you're still following the rules.
Continue reading to learn more!
Who can use this website?
Anyone can use our website, apart from a few exceptions:
- If you're under the age of 16, you'll need permission from your parent or teacher.
- If there's a legal reason (a reason written in the law) against it, you cannot use our website.
Access to this website
This website has been created for people who live in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. We work hard to make the website fun for everyone, but the content might not be quite right for your location or might not be available to use in your location.
While we try our best to ensure our website is available to everyone, everywhere, access is dependent on your internet connection and the devices you use to access the internet. If you don't have access to these, or they're broken for some reason, we aren't responsible for that.
Websites are constantly changing, and sadly, don't always last forever! At times, the website might be unavailable, access might be restricted or the website might close permanently. We also have the right to refuse people's access to the website. At these times, our decision is final.
Use of this website
This website was built as a fun, learning experience for student teams – and that should be the only way it's used! Certain activities and behaviours are not allowed on this website. We've listed these banned behaviours below:
- Automated applications and processors, like digital robots or spiders, are not allowed on this website.
- No-one is allowed to access this website without permission, or to gain unauthorised entry (known as hacking). We will report these instances to the law.
- You're not allowed to use this website in any way that goes against the law.
- The content on this website, such as imagery, logos, videos, articles, and the website name, 'Dirt Is Good Project', belongs to Unilever, and is protected by copyright law – this means you can't copy them or re-use the content for any other purpose than your own learning or reading. If you'd like to use the content on this website for anything else, you'll need to get in touch with us and ask our permission first.
Uploading content to this website
There are areas of the website where users can add their own content (e.g. sharing stories on your project progress). In these instances, you must agree to following the below rules:
- Any content that you add to our site must be free of bad language and mustn't contain words or language that might upset or harm others.
- You mustn't pretend to be someone else, or pretend to be anyone from the Dirt Is Good Project.
- When uploading content on our site you grant us the right to use the material as we wish. Of course, if what you upload is in any way personal or reveals your identity, we'll always seek your parent/guardian's permission to use it first.
- If, for any reason, we don't think your upload is suitable for the Dirt Is Good Project, we have the right to remove it, and our decision is final.
Links to and from this website
While using our website, you might come across links to other websites. We're careful about which sites we link to, but ultimately we're not responsible for the content you might find on these other sites.
If you'd like to let others know about our website, you can send/post a link to our homepage, so long as you do it in a way that doesn't break the law, damage our reputation, or pretend that you own the website/are officially connected with it.
We have the right to stop you from linking to our website at any time and for any reason. Our decision in these matters is final.
Content on this website
While we do our absolute best to make our content as brilliant and accurate as it can be, very occasionally we may get our facts wrong, or changing times and situations might mean that our content has become outdated. On these occasions, we'll work to correct our information, but we cannot be held responsible if it's wrong.
We can update our content at any time, so if you visit the website at a later date, you might find that it's changed. On those occasions, we can't be held responsible for content that you can no longer access.
While we do our absolute best to keep our website safe and secure, we aren't responsible for any damage your device suffers from visiting our website (e.g., if a virus enters your computer).
We also can't be held responsible for any other forms of damage or loss that happen as a result of visiting our website, such as a loss of data or wasting your time.
You will see that we have included short summaries at the start of certain sections. These are no substitute for reading the terms in their entirety. They are there for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
This website belongs to Unilever UK Limited (“Unilever”, “we” and “our”), which is a member of the Unilever Group of companies. For more information on the Unilever Group of companies and their product brands, click here.
(collectively called the “Unilever Policies”).
2. ELIGIBILITY AND ACCESS
Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis, and Unilever reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the website or specific portions of it without notice to you. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3. USE OF THE WEBSITE
You must not copy, monitor or access any part of the website using an automated mechanism or process such as a robot or spider. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the website by hacking or any other similar means. You must not use the site for an unlawful purpose or unlawful purposes.
5. OWNERSHIP AND USE OF WEBSITE MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
With the exception of User Submissions, Unilever owns the intellectual property rights for all of the materials on the website or has a valid right from a third party to use materials on the website. Unilever also owns or has a valid right to use all trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used on this website. Unless expressly stated, no part of the website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way.
If you download software or other digital content, including apps, from this website (“Products”), the Products, and all files, images and data relating thereto, will be licensed to you by Unilever under the applicable terms and conditions. You warrant and represent to Unilever that such activity will not be in violation of any applicable law in your Country.
You (and not Unilever) assume the entire cost of all servicing, repair, or correction that may be necessary for your computer equipment and software as a result of any viruses, harmful components, errors or any other problems whatsoever you may have as a result of visiting this website.
You agree and acknowledge that you do not own the downloaded Products, and that Unilever does not transfer ownership of the Products to you. Unilever retains full ownership of and title to the downloaded Products and all intellectual property rights related thereto. You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Products to a human-readable form.
6. USER SUBMISSIONS
Certain portions of the website may invite or enable you to post, upload, embed, display or otherwise communicate text, messages, photos, videos, sound recordings, music (including lyrics), graphics, drawings, suggestions, ideas (including product and advertising ideas), your and/or other persons’ names, likenesses, voices, usernames, performances and other information, materials or content owned or created by you (collectively, "User Submissions").
UNILEVER WILL CONSIDER USER SUBMISSIONS AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY AND SHALL BE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN YOUR USER SUBMISSION.
RIGHTS TO SUBMIT CONTENT
You further warrant and represent that you have the consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual in your User Submissions to use his or her name, username or likeness in the manner contemplated by the website and the Products, Services or other materials on or available from the website.
NATURE OF CONTENT SUBMITTED
In connection with User Submissions, you agree and warrant that:
- you will not submit any User Submission that is subject to any right of a third party including, without limitation:
- copyright, patent, trade mark, trade secret, or other proprietary or contractual right;
- right of privacy or publicity; or
- confidential information
- unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner(s) to submit the User Submission and to grant the rights herein;
- you will not submit User Submissions that are unlawful for you to possess in the country in which you are resident, or which it would be unlawful for Unilever to use or possess in connection with the provision of the website or the Services; and
- you will not submit a User Submission that:
- is illegal or encourages or condones illegal acts or the discussion of illegal acts with the intent to commit them, including but not limited to drug dealing, drug abuse, child pornography, physical or sexual assault, stalking, theft, fraud or conspiracy to commit a criminal act;
- is defamatory, threatening, abusive, harassing or an invasion of privacy;
- is discriminatory or prejudicial based upon race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or otherwise;
- is obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit;
- is dangerous, irresponsible or antisocial or encourages or condones dangerous, irresponsible or antisocial behaviour;
- contains a virus, spyware or other harmful component, or otherwise impairs, interrupts or damages the website, the Services or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with a person’s use or enjoyment of the same; or
- contains any advertisement, solicitation, chain letter, pyramid scheme, investment opportunity or other unsolicited commercial communication.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of your posting or publishing them.
If you wish to submit information that is the subject of an issued patent or a published pending patent application, then please go to the Innovation section of the Unilever website (https://www.unilever.com/innovation/collaborating/workingwithus/index.aspx). This is the appropriate forum for technical product and technology ideas relating to our products and brands. If your User Submission is the subject of a pending or issued patent, you must disclose this fact to Unilever.
UNILEVER AND YOUR SUBMISSIONS
- Unilever has no obligation to use your User Submission in any way and Unilever shall not be obliged to give reasons for rejecting your User Submission or to identify Unilever activities that relate to your User Submission in any way.
- Unilever may use your name to attribute your User Submission to you (although we shall not be obliged to do so).
- In addition, you understand and agree that when using the website, you may be exposed to User Submissions posted and/or submitted by other users. Unilever is not in any manner responsible for User Submissions, and Unilever does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality or intellectual property rights of, or relating to, such User Submissions. In addition, Unilever cannot assure that harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable User Submissions will not appear on the website.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that the information, materials and opinions expressed or included in any User Submissions are not necessarily those of Unilever or its affiliated or related entities or content providers and Unilever expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with any User Submission. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Unilever with respect to any User Submissions.
- Unilever will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities, court order or subpoena requesting or directing Unilever to disclose the identity of anyone posting User Submissions. To the extent we can do so by law, we reserve the right to identify any user to third parties and/or disclose any User Submission or personal data to any third party claiming that a User Submission infringes their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy. We may also disclose such information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Unilever, its customers or the public.
- Although Unilever is under no obligation to review or monitor User Submissions, Unilever reserves the absolute right to do so in its sole discretion. In addition, Unilever reserves the right at all times to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any User Submissions from the website, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason and without prior notice if it chooses to do so. You agree that Unilever does not have any obligation to use or respond to any User Submission.
7. OWNERSHIP OF USER SUBMISSIONS
You shall retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions, but you are required to grant limited rights to Unilever and other users of the website.
In return for using the website and the Services, you grant Unilever a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free transferable licence (with full right to sub-licence) to use your User Submissions for any purpose whatsoever (to the extent permitted by law) in perpetuity and free of charge.
You acknowledge and agree that if Unilever edits, modifies or makes a derivative work from your User Submission, or combines your User Submission with other works, any rights in such modifications or derivative works shall be owned exclusively by Unilever.
If your User Submission includes an idea or suggestion, you acknowledge that Unilever, a Unilever Group company or a third party acting on its/their behalf may have previously worked on or may be working on the same or a similar idea. By submitting your idea, you agree that we may continue to develop the idea (or a similar idea) independently of, and without acknowledging, your idea.
You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release and forever discharge Unilever and Unilever Group companies from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent, and of any nature whatsoever, which you may have or may in the future have against Unilever and/or any Unilever Group company with respect to your User Submission, including how Unilever and/or Unilever Group companies use your User Submission.
8. LICENCE TO OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE
To the extent permitted by law, you waive all moral rights to which you may be entitled under any legislation now existing or in future enacted in any part of the world relating to your User Submissions.
10. GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE OF THE WEBSITE
Unilever controls and operates this website from the United Kingdom, and it is designed for persons located in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, and information regarding products, services and promotions are applicable to those countries alone. Unilever makes no representation that materials in this website or the Products described thereby are appropriate or available for use in your location. All visitors to this website are responsible for compliance with all local laws applicable to them with respect to the content and operation of this website.
You agree not to link to this website from a website not operated by Unilever, unless you have obtained Unilever’s prior written consent.
11. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
For your convenience and enjoyment, this website may provide links to other websites on the world wide web that are not operated by Unilever. Unilever has no control over these websites and is not responsible for their availability. Unilever does not endorse, approve or sponsor, nor is Unilever responsible or liable for, any information or content available at the linked sites or any products, or other materials on or available from such sites.
Unilever is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. In addition, Unilever is not liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of such content, information, products, goods or services available on or through any such linked websites.
12.CONTENTS OF THE WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
The material on the website (including any graphics, software, digital content, recommendations or other materials) and any material made available through the website is provided "as is" and without conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Unilever disclaims all conditions and warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
Unilever does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the material on the website in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The material on this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and could be inaccurate or become inaccurate as a result of developments occurring after their respective dates. Unilever undertakes no obligation to verify or maintain the currency of such information.
13.OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
Unilever endeavours to maintain this website and its operation, but is not, and cannot be, responsible for the results of any defects that may exist in the website or its operation. As to the operation of the website, Unilever expressly disclaims all conditions and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to all implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
Unilever makes no warranty that:
- the operation of the website will meet the user's requirements;
- access to the website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful components, or free of defects or errors;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the website will be accurate or reliable; or
- defects will be corrected. You (and not Unilever) assume the entire cost of all servicing, repair, or correction that may be necessary for your computer equipment and software as a result of any viruses, harmful components, errors or any other problems whatsoever you may have as a result of visiting this website.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the extent required by applicable law, we do not limit in any way our liability for death or for personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or concealment or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, under no circumstances shall Unilever, Unilever Group companies, our licensors or licensees, be liable to you or any other person or entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages, including lost profits, goodwill, business opportunity, personal injury (including death) and property damage, that may result from
- the use of, or the inability to use, the website or any material on the website,
- the conduct of any user of the website, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
Unilever shall not be liable even if Unilever or an authorized representative of Unilever has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These include but are not limited to damages or injury caused by error, omission, interruption, defect, failure of performance, loss or corruption of data, delay in operation or transmission, line failure or computer virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful component.
Unilever assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any User Submission or for any libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, illegality, infringement of intellectual property rights, error or inaccuracy contained in any User Submissions.
Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. However, in no event shall Unilever's total liability to you for damages, losses, and causes of action whether in contract, tort (including, negligence) or otherwise exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing the website.
17. AVAILABILITY OF HELP
This website may provide a Help file or other instructions for the use of this site. However, you understand that Unilever is under no obligation to provide any support for the use of the website.
18. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
20. NO WAIVER
21. NO LEGAL EFFECT
To return to the site you were visiting, press the back button on your browser.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.