Apply to take part in the
Peer Coaching Programme!
The Peer Coaching Programme will be running from October 2022 to June 2023 with a select number of schools.
The programme focuses on supporting and training students (aged 14-17 years) to take on the role of a Peer Coach. This will involve them guiding and supporting a small group of younger students (aged 11-14 years) in their school to take part in a Changemaker Challenge.
The Changemaker Challenge is a simplified version of the Dirt Is Good Schools Programme for students to deliver. It is aimed at students (aged 11-14 years) to inspire them to be creative in addressing a social and/or environmental issue in their community.
Click here to download the Programme Overview and full Programme Timeline!
What are the Benefits for Schools and Young People?
The Peer Coaching Programme focuses on unleashing the potential of young people to inspire their peers to create a better world and supports their journey as the next generation of Changemakers.
Benefits for Young People
- Increased self-esteem and confidence.
- Improved communication, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Equipped with skills and experience to support with further education and careers.
- Greater connection to school and wider community with a deeper understanding of a social/environmental issue.
- Positive impact on wellbeing that can help improve their mental resilience.
Benefits for Schools
- Supports teachers' leadership and personal development journey.
- Increases student engagement and overall participation.
- Encourages cross-year collaboration and builds a sense of community amongst students.
- Aligns with the Ofsted Personal Development criteria and the citizenship curriculum in Wales and Scotland.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the programme, send us an email (email@example.com) or book in a meeting with a member of the Dirt Is Good Team.
The deadline to apply for the new Peer Coaching Cohort is the 27th January. Places are limited so make sure to apply as soon as possible to secure your school's place!